Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tears...Nothing but Tears

The road to hell is truly paved with good intentions.

I started out my holiday shopping season with grand ideas. I would embroider a whole bunch of gifts for family! It will be personalized! And awesome!

I was doing really well too.
Got through my sister's gift, my mom's, my father-in-law's and one of my mother-in-law's. Then I get to my dad's and BLAM! Tension issues all over the place. Thread breaks left and right. Then WOMP WOMP WOMP. The dreaded shutter and safety message. Machine needs to be serviced now :( Nearest service place is 3+ hrs away.
And....uhoh. I need to figure out what to do to make my dad's gift and a second half of my mother-in-law's. CHRISTMAS IS 2 WEEKS AWAY!! QUICK! HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!!

Yeah....that was me. Then I started breathing again. And gave myself a weekend to think. I ordered 2 shirts for my dad. I can buy an applique for the MIL's. Then I thought of another way I could do my dad's. So that all worked out nicely. Except I still have to pay to get my machine serviced....and I just got new embroidery designs. Tears....nothing but tears. And maybe brownies.

The comic is from Abby Howard over at jspowerhour.com and last-halloween.com. I love her stuff and YOU SHOULD TOO!

But! I will persevere! I am almost to my vacation. Cue "I Will Survive"

No comments:

Post a Comment