Friday, July 27, 2012

Fresh Fruit Drinks

I don't know about you, but I love fresh fruit in drinks like lemonade and punch. My only issue with this, however, is how quickly fruit can go bad. Especially berries! So, i have found a simple way to be able to have fresh fruit drinks year-round.

First, buy the fruit when it is in season. So right now, that means I'm buying berries like crazy!
Second, mash said fruits in a bowl. Make sure to remove stems, leaves, pits and other non-edibles.
Third,  place mashed fruit pulp into ice cube trays and freeze.

Now you can plop a fresh fruit cube in any lemonade any time you want fruit! You can also eat the fruit cube as is but I'm a fan of them in drinks.

FYI this makes great drinks for parties. Serve several types of flavors for guests to put in lemonade or alcoholic beverages. It gives them options and saves you the hassle of finding fresh fruit for that party in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment